About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Back to Reality!!!!

Last week was Spring Break and I decided that I was going to work on some craft things that were personal to me and leave school at school.  I was very proud of myself because I got everything I wanted to get done around my house and didn't work on school stuff once (well I did Pin a few things).  Anyway, I just wanted to show you a couple of centers that I used prior to Easter and maybe you can use them next year.  In the Math center I used an idea from Pinterest and called it "MATH CHICKS".  I found these chicks at Michael's Craft store and put dice inside.  The students were told to shake it and then place it down.  They were then to add them together on the given (reusable) worksheet.  




This is a money poem that we have been using a lot lately.  A lot of veteran teachers already know this poem but for those newbies I thought I would share.


This Jelly Bean Math worksheet was a freebie on Teachers Pay Teachers.  I only added the directions. 


This is a poem about shapes I found on Pinterest and the kids have really enjoyed it.  I made it into a rap, complete with dance moves. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment