About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Saturday, April 21, 2012

Earth Day and Strawberries!!!!

Talking to the children about the life cycle of the strawberry plants



I think the parents had just as much fun as the students.





This past Friday was our Spring Field Trip to a local farm.  This farm is great because they offer a pumpkin patch in the Fall, Santa's Workshop in the Winter, and strawberries in the Spring/Summer. The people that work there give a brief talk and in the back there is a playground/picnic area perfect for lunch.  The kids really enjoyed it and the weather was great. 








 The kids had a great time on the playground. 
 My kids didn't think that Ms. Boyce would go down the giant slide.  They underestimate me sometimes.  lol

 
For their Earth Day Project the students were asked to create an animal out of recycled materials.  The students projects were unbelievable.  I was completely blown away. 

Taylor made a kangaroo

He made an elephant.
She made a pig.
I made an octopus.
I made an elephant too.  Each one was different but fabulous just the same.
Penguins are cool.

This little guy loves the beach as much as I do, so I wasn't surprised he made fish.  AWESOME!









No comments:

Post a Comment