About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Kissed a Pig and I Liked it!

Today our principal kept up his end of a deal and kissed a pig.  He told the students if they read 11,000,000,000 words by the end of the nine weeks he would do something crazy.  The kids voted at the beginning of the nine weeks and had decided that they wanted to see him kiss a pig.  In my mind I thought it was going to be this huge muddy pig from the Wishy Washy series.  lol Actually it was a sweet baby pig named Olivia.  She was actually taking a nap when she arrived and was very calm. Accelerated Reader isn't a requirement in the First Grade at our school but I strongly suggest it to my students and do give rewards to those that read and pass three or more test a week. 



2 comments:

  1. Kiss the pig! How... ummm fun??? lol I use Accelerated Reader in my classroom of firsties & love it!!!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for viewing my blog. I love AR too.

    ReplyDelete