About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Saturday, February 18, 2012

Clouds

I saw this idea on one of the blog's I follow and I thought it was really cute.  The students had a great time with it as well.  We read the story Little Cloud by Eric Carle and then we made our own classroom version.  The students were not allowed to use scissors and this was the first time they had made a picture of this nature but I thought they did really well.  The students had to pull little pieces of paper apart and glue it to come up with the shape they desired.  Some students, as usually rushed through, but for the most part all of them took their time to brainstorm and get really creative.  Ms. Buch (my T.A.) is going to laminate it for us and put it all together. 

My little cloud changed into a flower. 
Students that finished early were asked to write about their picture. 


My little cloud changed into a cherry.

My little cloud changed into a basketball.


This student is one of my busier little guys and he decided he wanted his cloud to change into scissors.  He traced his scissors onto the paper and then took his time pulling his paper a part into tiny little pieces to fill it in.  His turned out great and he was focused the whole time.


She decided she wanted her little cloud to turn into a butterfly.  This was her work in progress.


Her little cloud changed into a heart.


Tony's little cloud changed into a star. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi ,
    I just found you...and I'm a new blogger. I love how creative you are...the Fancy nancy sub idea was brillant! I will be popping in more often. :o) Come visit me sometime.
    ~ Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky,
      Thanks I will definitely check you out. I think blogging is a great way for teachers to share ideas with one another. My favorite ideas usually come from blogs I find on Pinterest. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your blog. I started teaching in 2000 too! My heart belongs to my Firsties!

    I love your blog and am trying to follow you but blogger is being a toot! I'll keep trying!

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance...I have TONS of *freebies*!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. I haven't figured out what I want to do for my first freebie or really how to go about doing it. Like I said this is really new to me and technology is not one of my strong points. lol. I will check you out and absolutely follow you. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete