About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Thursday, February 9, 2012

I love class made Big Books!!!!!

Our class made a big book to share with other classes.  The students were asked what would they want 100 of and what would they not want 100 of.  The children were asked to think about before just blurting out the first thing that came to mind.  At first a lot of the students said that they wanted 100 puppies.  I had the students brainstorm and we discussed how hard it would be to take care of 100 puppies.  I explained that I have to go out in the yard and pick up poo after my two dogs use the bathroom and that was bad enough.  Did they really think they would want to do that for 100 dogs?  Quickly, not wanting 100 dogs became one of the top answers.  Some of the answers were hysterical.  Ms. Bunch (my TA) worked hard on putting it together for us.  We read it as a group and the kids loved seeing their work in the Big Book. 
This was one of my favorites.  I thought it was very creative. She wanted 100 crystals, but she wouldn't want 100 tummy aches.

This student wanted 100 snow days, but he would not want 100 dogs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment