About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Saturday, February 4, 2012

In the month of December the Elf on the Shelf made a visit to our room.  The class voted and decided to name him Freddie.  Freddie visited everyday and we always found him in a different location every morning.  The students loved trying to find him first thing in the morning and we actually used this as a writing prompt.  We had to write to Freddie and tell him what we wanted him to share about ourselves with Santa when he returned for his nightly visit.  The students really got into it and seemed to enjoy it.  I actually had parents text and call me to ask where they could get their own Elf on the Shelf for their home.  This photo was taken on the day we had our Polar Express party.  We found that Freddie had got into some of our party supplies that morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment