About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I survived PTO

Last night we had PTO and it was the biggest turnout we have had thus far this year.  It was awesome to see so much parent participation but it makes for a super long day at school.  The school I work at is a good twenty minutes from my house so I ran and grabbed a bite to eat and went straight back.  Basically I worked a 12 hour day yesterday and I am truly feeling the effects today.  I'm beat.  Well here are two of the centers (Pinterest inspired of course) that we are doing this week.  The first one is the writing center, where students were asked to write a story about Roy. G. Biv.  After writing their story they are allowed to create a Roy G. Biv to take home. 


The other center is our spelling center.  The student take the paint chips and place them over a sheet protector (that I made Divalicious by adding Cheetah duck tape) .  Inside the sheet protector is the alphabet and on each paint chip is a word family ending.  Students slide the paint chips over the alphabet to see if they are making real words or made up words. 


No comments:

Post a Comment