About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Saturday, February 4, 2012

This was one of the spelling center ideas from the month of January.  The students practiced writing the spelling words in salt.  I must admit that this was an idea that was sparked by a pin on "Pinterest".  I think they used it in a kindergarten classroom to practice letters.  I bought acrylic picture frames from Dollar Tree and place directions for each center in them every week.  Another great idea Ms. Colonna shared with me at the beginning of the year.  Because there are only two first grade teachers at my school it is easy to bounce ideas off one another. 
This was a Math Center activity that same week.  The center's title was "Shoveling Sum"  The students were asked to get one shovel of snow (marshmallows) and then one more and add together on the worksheet provided.  In this picture you can see one of my center cones in the back ground.  Each cone is placed in the matching center.  In my classroom centers consist of Math, Writing, Spelling, Reading, and Computer. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute ideas!! Congrats on your blog!! It looks great:)
    123teachwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete