About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's only Wednesday?????

This is how I have my literacy groups' table set up.  Everything the children will need is already there so limit distractions.  I don't know how well you can see it but in the middle of the table I have a push l.e.d. light.  When this light is on other students are not allowed to interrupt my instruction. 
This week has been a really hard one for me so I haven't done a very good job of blogging.  I feel like I have been hit by a truck.  I don't feel bad but I am extremely tired.  Monday night I went to bed at 5:30 and slept 12 hours.  I NEVER DO THAT.  Went to bed fairly early last night as well.  I don't know if I am trying to get sick or not.  Anyway, thought I would share some ideas from this week. 

This is my bucket of warm fuzzies (pom poms)  The students have miniature sized sand pails on their desk.  If I "Catch them being good"  I may place a warm fuzzy in their pail.  After a certain period of time students count how many fuzzies they have and the winner gets a prize.  We usually turn counting fuzzies into a teachable moment math lesson. 


I saw this Quiet Spray idea on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try.  I will have to let you know if the students catch on but so far they aren't buying it. 


This was another great Pinterest find.  I am using it in the spelling center this week.  I wrote sight words, spelling words, and made up words on some pieces of recycled paper and balled them up.  The students have to pick a piece of paper and smooth it out and decide if the word is trash (made up) or treasure (spelling/sight word) 

No comments:

Post a Comment