About me:

My name is Ms. Boyce. I live in Eastern, North Carolina and I have been teaching since 2000. I have taught everything in recent years from babies that were deaf or hard of hearing to middle school exceptional needs. My love and my heart has finally found its calling with FIRST GRADE. I love it!!!! This is my first year and I am so excited about it. I want this blog to inspire other educators, and show parents how much fun learning can be. Learning starts at home and parents are essential to their child's educational success.







Saturday, February 11, 2012

Candy Hearts

In our writing center this past week I used another fabulous idea shared by Mrs. Colonna (Did I mention she was teacher of the year last year).  The students were told to pick five candy hearts and to write a Valentine's Day story using the candy as an inspiration and inserting the candy in the sentences where they belonged.  I went through the hearts before putting them out for the students to use because some of the hearts had abbreviated spelling on them or were misspelled in that "cutesy" candy hearts way.  I wanted to model correct spelling for my students.  My little babies don't need help when it comes to misspelled words. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty stellar. I know! Lol. I actually saw this on pinterest after I told you. I felt pretty stoked that I'm as creative as all those nifty and crafty teachers.

    ReplyDelete